OCFI - Oroquieta Charity Foundation, Inc.
The Oroquieta Charity Foundation, Inc., of the United States and Canada and its membership mission is "To harness the resources, talent, skills, and energies of every" Oroquietanians and their friends and provide wholehearted support to designated self-help projects and conduct specified humanitarian activities with the active participation of local communities thereby stimulate the uplifting of the Bayanihan Spirit of the City of Oroquieta and its people.
We "Oroquietanians" and our friends seek no other rewards than the Peace, Progress, and Happiness of our people..
Green and Gold
Past and Current Accomplishments
- Individual and organizations financial support at the initial restoration of the beautiful Oroquieta public Plaza and Park.
- Funded the construction of five (5) artesian wells providing safe and potable drinking water in five (5) barrios (now called Barangays).
- Contributed transportation and delivery expenses for a 40-ft container containing assorted books for distribution to the different barrios (Barangays).
- Conducted two (2) successful medical missions providing Free medical services and consultations to poor people with the active cooperation and support of the local Medical society and the City and Provincial authorities.
- Donations of medical and hospital equipment, such as ten (10) units of regular Oxygen (Yamato); EKG machine (Fukuda); Welch Allen Diagnostic set; Thomas Suction machine; complete Adult and Pediatric Resuscitator; three (3) units of Devilbliss Pulmo-Aid Light Compressor Nebulizer; and, one (1) Boehringer and Menheim Accutend and a Chromed Wheelchair.
- Made available between $2,000 - $3,000 dollars to the Balikatan sa Kaunlaran (BSK), a local civic group to improve and maintain the Oroquieta Public Plaza and Park particularly the park facilities for children. The Oroquieta City Public Plaza and Park complete with children playground and stereo music is the most beautiful park in Mindanao and the source of pride of all Oroquietanians.
- Applied for and was granted the bulk rate mail privileges by U.S. Portal Service in San Diego after undergoing a standard and detailed scrutiny for Not For Profit Corporate responsibilities, mission statement and goals and objectives after 9/11 incident. Thus, the Oroquietanians herald, our quarterly newsletter may now be published regularly to enable us to communicate with our members.
- Networking with other community-based organization. The Oroquieta Charity Foundation is a Charter Member of the Federation of Mindanao Associations of Southern California. As a result, our organization received allocation of three (3) Balikbayan boxes of medicines and shipped to the Oroquieta City Health Department for distribution to the different barrios (Barangays) with health centers.
The www.oroquietacity.com is gratefully THANKING the OCFI for the One Hundred Fifty Dollars ($150.00) donation. The donation is intended to help support for the upkeep and maintenance of this website. As we go back to the main purpose of this site - it is intended to help benefit all Oroquietanians (including Misamisnons) and most of all our beloved City of Oroquieta. We will continue to bridge the gap between God and Mankind.
Sincerely: Ging Mutia
Copyright © 2002-2013 oroquietacity.com
All Rights Reserved.
Saturday, December 13, 2003